Metra North Line Train Schedule for Highwood
HIGHWOOD TRANSFORMS INTO NASHVILLE’S HONKY TONK ROW
AT THIRD ANNUAL NASHWOOD MUSIC AND FOOD EVENT
Always wanted to visit Nashville, but never could? Well, Celebrate Highwood is bringing Nashville to you. The City of Highwood will transform its downtown into Nashville’s Honky Tonk Row for its 3rd Annual Nashwood. Attendees of all ages are encouraged to don their cowboy boots and hats the weekend of August 30 to September 1, as the sounds of live country, southern rock, blues, blue grass, folk, jazz, gospel permeate the town!
- 3-day weekend of over 80 free live music acts at over a dozen venues, including 2 outdoor stages & 7 courtyards, and buskers on the streets
- Family friendly line up and kids area at Pralines & Cream Stage located at Chicago Mike’s Ice Cream Co. and Tala Coffee Roasters
- Elvis-Mania for the entire family with two shows Saturday and Sunday
- Southern-inspired food & drink specials
- Bull riding Friday and Saturday for the kids at the Pralines & Cream Stage and bull riding for the adults at the Toadstool Pub & Marco’s Northside Grill parking lot
- Full outdoor bar sponsored by Celebrate Highwood at the Pralines & Cream Stage. All proceeds go to charity.
- No cover charge, but as in true Nashville style, tips are always welcome to support the bands!
Celebrate Highwood encourages attendees to take UBER, LYFT, public transportation or ride bikes!
Why drive when you can walk or bike along the enhanced Green Bay Trail - Robert McLory Bike Trail which leads straight into the heart of Highwood. Ride the Metra north or south to the Highwood station, or take a Pace Bus. Free parking is available but spots are limited. There is plenty of bike parking all through Highwood!
Celebrate Highwood will transform its Downtown into Nashville’s Honky Tonk Row for the 4th Annual Nashwood (Nashville+Highwood) Music Fest. Attendees of all ages are encouraged to don their cowboy boots and hats over Labor Day Weekend, September 3-5, for three days of FREE live country, bluegrass, blues and Southern rock music, as well as Southern inspired food and drink specials.
The sounds of Nashville will permeate the air as music lovers stroll the streets of Downtown Highwood enjoying over 100 FREE performances throughout 25 venues including 10 outdoor performance spaces, all within a 48-hour time frame. There are no cover charges, but in true Nashville style, tips are always welcome to support the musicians!
Nashwood will run from Friday from 5pm-bar close, Saturday from noon-bar close and Sunday at select locations. There will be a designated Family Friendly Line Up and Activity area at the Pralines & Cream Stage and Chicago Mike’s Ice Cream Co. and Tala Coffee Roasters Courtyard Friday from 5-9 p.m and Saturday from noon – 5 p.m.
Highwood encourages attendees to take UBER, LYFT, public transportation, or walk or ride bikes along the enhanced Green Bay Trail - Robert McLory Bike Trail which leads straight into the heart of Highwood. Ride the Metra north or south to the Highwood station, or take a Pace Bus. Free parking is available but spots are limited!
A special thanks to Celebrate Highwood sponsors that help make producing Nashwood possible including Highland Park Bank and Trust/Bank of Highwood-Fort Sheridan, LeafGuard, M. Brad Slavin Farmers Insurance, Pendelton® Whisky and Windy City Dispensary.