AUGUST 17, 2022
Everts Park (111 North Avenue)
The intoxicating scent of garlic and the promise of a stinking good time will once again bring the crowds back to Celebrate Highwood’s 11th annual Garlic Fest on Wednesday, August 17th from 4:30-9:30 PM in Everts Park (111 North Avenue). Held in conjunction with Highwood’s Evening Gourmet Market, this foodie fest showcases a plethora of dishes with the ever-popular taste (and scent) of garlic, with a garlic trivia contest, garlic tattoos and hennas, live music and plenty of family-friendly activities to entertain all evening long. Not to worry, there will be loads of mints on hand!
Known for its culinary and medicinal purposes, attendees will have the opportunity to sample various garlic creations from out-of-the-ordinary garlic-infused chocolate, cookies, ice cream, fudge, funnel cakes and garlic-infused cocktails, to the classic, savory options like pastas, sandwiches, sauces and spreads, and vote for their favorite!
Celebrate Highwood’s smelliest event will recognize the beloved flavor of garlic with a competition for the best Sweet and Savory Garlic Creations in the People’s Choice and Judge’s Competitions. Attendees can cast their vote at the Highland Park Bank and Trust/Bank of Highwood-Fort Sheridan ballot booth located next to the band shell. Winners will be announced from the stage at 8:30 PM.
Some incredible offerings include:
1. Sweet Heat Candied Garlic Infused Bacon Drizzled with Chocolate – Susie @Toadstool
2. Garlic Churro Sundae; Garlic Cinnamon Sugar Churro’s topped with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with Garlic Chocolate Syrup - Chikito Pero Picoso
3. Roasted Garlic and Sea Salt Infused Chocolate Chip Cookie by Harmonie Desert Café
4. Black Garlic Satay Fudge by Sweet Belly Jerky
5. Garlic cake pops and Garlic Cookie Dough Bites by Cake Craze
6. Roasted Garlic Chocolate Chip Cookies by Maryann’s Sweet Treats
7. Roasted Garlic Toffee Cookie by Toffee Traditions
1. Garlic Fries and Garlic Burger by Culinary Gangster
2. Garlic Cheese Curds and Garlic Chicken Grilled Cheese by Toasty Cheese
3. Garlic Shrimp Crepe by Magic Circle Crepes
4. Garlic Habanero Grilled Chicken, Garlic Aioli, and Garlic Slaw by Sweet Belly BBQ Grill
5. Famous Shrimp Walk Shrimp Dejonghe Recipe by Heffs Cowboy Kitchen
6. Garlic Steak Tacos and Garlic Taquito Sticks in a Cup by Chikito Pero Picoso
7. Garlic Pizza from Slyce Coal Fired Pizza
8. Pickled Garlic and Garlic Pickles by Chopping It Up
9. Garlic Grilled Mahi Mahi, topped with Lettuce, Carrots, Pico de Gallo and Mango Garlic Habanero Salsa by La Plancha Loca
10. Garlic Cajun Shrimp with House Garlic Bread, Kahuku Style Garlic Shrimp, and Garlic Furikake Chicken from Da Local Boy
11. Caribbean coconut rice and beans served with Garlic Short Ribs or Garlic Chicken Stew with a side of garlic plantains from La Casa de Isaac & Moishe
1. Toadstool Pub's World Famous Bloody Mary with Garlic Infused Toadstool Pub vodka and Susie’s Candied Garlic Bacon
1. Garlic Bulb Face Painting and Garlic Henna by Indica Rose Body Art
2. Locally Grown Organic Hard neck Variety Garlic from Garlic Breath Farmacy
3. garlic hot sauce by Awe-Sauce
The event would not be complete without an incredible live music offering and from 6:00-9:00 pm, Celebrate Highwood is honored to present Bill Pantle & The Tribute To Old Blue Eyes Trio, classic Sinatra and selections from The Great American Songbook, plus some jazz instrumentals too.
Garlic Fest Music 2022
|August 17||6 - 9 pm||A Tribute to Old Blue Eyes - Classic Sinatra and more|
A special thanks to Celebrate Highwood Sponsors that help make producing Highwood Garlic Fest possible including Highland Park Bank and Trust/Bank of Highwood-Fort Sheridan and Michael Goldstein Senior Residential Lender Wintrust Mortgage.