AUGUST 17, 2022
Everts Park (111 North Avenue)
The intoxicating scent of garlic and the promise of a stinking good time will once again bring the crowds back to Celebrate Highwood’s 11th annual Garlic Fest on Wednesday, August 17th from 4:30-9:30 PM in Everts Park (111 North Avenue). Held in conjunction with Highwood’s Evening Gourmet Market, this foodie fest showcases a plethora of dishes with the ever-popular taste (and scent) of garlic, with a garlic trivia contest, garlic tattoos and hennas, live music and plenty of family-friendly activities to entertain all evening long. Not to worry, there will be loads of mints on hand!
Known for its culinary and medicinal purposes, attendees will have the opportunity to sample various garlic creations from out-of-the-ordinary garlic-infused chocolate, cookies, ice cream, fudge, funnel cakes and garlic-infused cocktails, to the classic, savory options like pastas, sandwiches, sauces and spreads, and vote for their favorite!
Celebrate Highwood’s smelliest event will recognize the beloved flavor of garlic with a competition for the best Sweet and Savory Garlic Creations in the People’s Choice and Judge’s Competitions. Attendees can cast their vote at the Highland Park Bank and Trust/Bank of Highwood-Fort Sheridan ballot booth located next to the band shell. Winners will be announced from the stage at 8:30 PM.
Some incredible offerings include:
- Awe-Sauce: garlic hot sauce
- Cake Craze: garlic cake pops and garlic cookie bites
- Chikito Pero Picoso: garlic taquito sticks, garlic steak tacos, and garlic churros sundae with garlic chocolate syrup over vanilla ice cream topping a garlic, cinnamon, sugar churro
- Chopping It Up: pickled garlic and garlic pickles
- Culinary Gangster: garlic fries and garlic burger
- Garlic Breath Farms: organic garlic bulbs, powders, sauces and garlic scented candles
- Harmonie Cookies: roasted garlic and sea salt infused chocolate chip cookie
- Heff’s Cowboy Kitchen: famous garlic shrimp dejonghe
- La Plancha Loca: garlic grilled mahi mahi, topped with lettuce, carrots, Pico de Gallo and mango garlic habanero salsa
- Magic Circle Crepes: garlic shrimp crepe
- Maryann’s Sweet Treats: roasted garlic chocolate chip cookies
- Slyce Coal Fired Pizza: garlic pizza
- Susie’s: sweet heat candied garlic bacon
- Sweet Belly BBQ Grill: garlic habanero grilled chicken, garlic aioli, and garlic slaw
- Sweet Belly Jerky: garlic beef jerky and black garlic satay fudge
- Toadstool Pub: garlic Bloody Mary
- Toasty Cheese: garlic cheese curds and garlic chicken grilled cheese
- Toffee Traditions: roasted garlic toffee cookie
In additional to garlic offerings, a wide range of local produce, gourmet cheeses, homemade pastas, baked fare, assortments of breads and pastries, an array of ethnic delicacies and local artisan wares will also be on-site to enjoy!
The event would not be complete without an incredible live music offering and from 6:00-9:00 pm, Celebrate Highwood is honored to present Bill Pantle & The Tribute To Old Blue Eyes Trio, classic Sinatra and selections from The Great American Songbook, plus some jazz instrumentals too.
Garlic Fest Music 2022
|August 17||6 - 9 pm||A Tribute to Old Blue Eyes - Classic Sinatra and more|
A special thanks to Celebrate Highwood Sponsors that help make producing Highwood Garlic Fest possible including Highland Park Bank and Trust/Bank of Highwood-Fort Sheridan and Michael Goldstein Senior Residential Lender Wintrust Mortgage.