Highwood Pride Fest
Saturday, June 3rd 2023,
5 pm - Bar Close
2023 Details Coming Soon
Celebrate Highwood kicks off Pride Month on Saturday, June 4th, and invites the public to “show their pride on the North Side” at its annual Highwood Pride Fest, benefiting Haven Family & Youth Services and the Highland Park High School Spectrum Club.
The full day of activities starts with a ‘Pride Rocks’ family picnic at Everts Park from noon-3PM, followed by the (21+ only) Queertopia; Just Say Gay Drag Show from 6-7:30 PM, 'Taste the Rainbow’ Pub Crawl from 7:30-10:30 PM, End of the Rainbow DJ Dance Party from 10:30-midnight and Rainbow Pride After Hours from midnight-bar close.
“Highwood has been recognized as one of the first communities on Chicago’s North Shore to host a Pride Fest,” says DR Smith, Celebrate Highwood Board Member and North Shore Pride Fest Event Coordinator. “Highwood is an incredible community rich in diversity, love and acceptance for all, and although we dedicate this one day to celebrate PRIDE, we embrace the LGBTQ+ community 365 days a year.”
Downtown Highwood will celebrate all month long and be decorated with Pride flags lining the streets, rainbow windows and chalked sidewalks!
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Although Highwood Pride Fest is free to attend, participants are encouraged to show their support by pre-registering on this page
$20 includes swag bag, Drag Show, Taste the Rainbow Pub Crawl, End of the Rainbow Dance Party
$30 includes the addition of a Highwood Pride Fest T-shirt (limited supply to first 150 registrants).
Pre-Registration ⇐Click to pre-register now strongly suggested. On-site registration available while supplies last.
Onsite registration and swag bag pick up June 4th:
12-3PM at Pride Rocks Family Picnic in Everts Park
5-7PM at 28 Mile Distilling Company at the Windy City Dispensary registration table
“We are so honored to be a beneficiary and an integral part of such a lovely celebration of diversity,” says DJ Kate Versage, Program Manager and IYIP Fundraising Coordinator at Haven Youth and Family Services. “Being unique and different is courageous and beautiful and our youth need to know we are here to celebrate their strength and individuality.”
Many thanks to Highwood Pride Fest sponsors who are making this incredible event possible: M. Brad Slavin Farmer Insurance, Mara Hitchmough Homes, Windy City Dispensary, Pride Vodka and Trinity Episcopal Church of Highland Park
The Pride Party Continues! Join Celebrate Highwood and Highwood Pride at the Buffalo Grove Pride Parade on Sunday June 5th.
PRIDE ROCKS FAMILY PICNIC, 12-3PM, EVERTS PARK:
- Noon-3:00pm - Family Friendly Pride Rocks Picnic in Everts Park (111 North Avenue, Highwood)
Activities include: free rock painting by The Art Center Highland Park, book reading offerings from Highwood Public Library, sidewalk chalking, crafts and more!
- Noon-12:30pm - "Werk the Runway" featuring DJ Versage
Youth ages 2-18 will celebrate their diversity, be seen and supported as they strut their style on the runway (sign up on site for with DJ Versage beginning at noon)
- 12:30-1:30pm - Interactive family fun entertainment by Ben Tatar & the Tatar Tots
- 1:30-3:00pm - Pride Rocks musical performance by School of Rock
- Food available for purchase from La Plancha Loca, Ice cream by Depidy Dawg, and a visit from Lolli Bus mobile candy shop
- Families are encouraged to bring picnic food, blankets and chairs
- Highwood Pride Merch will be available, as well as pronoun name tags
TASTE THE RAINBOW" PUB CRAWL, 6PM-MIDNIGHT, DOWNTOWN HIGHWOOD
- 6-7:30pm - Queertopia; Just Say Gay Drag Show with DJ Versage (21+ only) at 28 Mile Distilling Company (454 Sheridan Road) sponsored Windy City Dispensary
- 7:30-8:30pm - Cabaret Night at Pazzo di Vino Cabaret-Cabernet wine and Rainbow drink specials, sponsored by M. Brad Slavin Farmers Insurance
- 8:30-9:30pm - Rainbow Memories at Teddy O'Brian's with music by Victor Brown Band, Rainbow Pride Vodka Jungle Juice and Pride Vodka & Soda drink specials sponsored by Mara Hitchmough Homes and Pride Vodka
- 9:30-10:30pm - Tea Dance Party at The Wooden Nickel with Pride Vodka Sweet Tea Cocktails
- 10:30-midnight - End of the Rainbow Dance Party at The Toadstool Pub with DJ Versage and 'you call it' Pride Vodka drink specials sponsored
- Midnight-Bar Close - Rainbow After Hours at Teddy O'Brian's with DJ Blanche sponsored by Mara Hitchmough Homes and Pride Vodka
ABOUT PRIDE FEST BENEFICIARIES:
Haven Youth & Family Services helps youth and their families in crisis by offering specialized programs focused on prevention, intervention and private counseling. Haven collaborates with schools and other community agencies to counsel youth and to identify and prevent crises.
Highland Park High School Spectrum Club exists with the intent to promote acceptance of all people regardless of sexual orientation and to create a safe environment for all students. At Spectrum Club meetings, they discuss issues concerning straight and LGBTQ or gender identity and unity in the community.