Highwood Pride Fest 2023
Friday, June 2, Taste the Rainbow Pub Crawl, 7 PM-Bar Close, Downtown Highwood
Saturday, June 3 Drag Show & Dance Party 6:30-11 PM, 28 Mile Distilling Company
Saturday, June 3 Dance Party starts after Drag Show and ends at 11 PM, 28 Mile Distilling Company
Celebrate Highwood kicks off Pride Month on Friday, June 2 and Saturday, June 3, inviting the public to “show their pride on the North Side” at its annual Highwood Pride Fest, benefiting Camp Indigo Point, a residential summer camp for an LGBTQ+ youth entering 2nd to 11th grades.
Two evenings of ‘adult-only’ pride filled activities start June 2 with the annual “Taste the Rainbow” Pub Crawl, kicking off at 6:30-11 PM with four stops throughout Downtown Highwood. Then on Saturday, June 3, the celebration continues with the “Radiant Rebellion Drag Show and Dance Party” at 28 Mile Distilling Company from 6:30-11 PM.
“Highwood has been recognized as one of the first communities on Chicago’s North Shore to host a Pride Fest,” says Eric Falberg, Highwood Alderman, president of Celebrate Highwood, and co-owner of 28 Mile Distilling Company. “Highwood is an incredible community rich in diversity, love and acceptance for all, and although we dedicate the month of just to celebrate PRIDE, we embrace the LGBTQ+ community 365 days a year.”
Downtown Highwood will celebrate all month long and be decorated with Pride flags lining the streets, rainbow windows and chalked sidewalks!
‘TASTE THE RAINBOW’ PUB CRAWL, FRIDAY, JUNE 2, 6:30-11 PM
- 6:30-7:30PM –Registration and rainbow bandana pick up at 28 Mile Distilling Company (454 Sheridan Road) sponsored by Gearhead Outfitters.
- 7:30-8:30PM – Rainbow Memories at Teddy O'Brian's, featuring Rainbow Pride vodka cocktails and live music by Northwest Corner.
- 8:30-9:30PM – El Buren sponsored by mooreFUN Events, featuring Pride Passion Punch, MooreFun Sassy Sangria, and Angel’s marvelous sweet plantain meatballs.
- 9:30-11 PM - The Toadstool Pub’s End of the Rainbow Dance Party with DJ Versage, sponsored by Mada Hitchmough with the Shore Group at Compass, featuring Pride Purple Love (vodka cocktail).
- Rainbow After Hours – DJ sing-along to the 80’s, 90’s and 2000’s at Teddy O'Brian's.
RADIANT REBELLION DRAG SHOW, SATURDAY, JUNE 3, 6:30-11 PM
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN AT
Participants are encouraged to show their support by pre-registering below
Registration ⇐Click to register
$20 entry for Friday, June 2 Taste the Rainbow Pub Crawl, End of the Rainbow DJ Dance Party and Rainbow Sing-Along After Hours
$20 entry for the Saturday, June 3 Radiant Rebellion Drag Show and Dance Party
$30 combined entry for both nights
Radiant Rebellion Drag Show seats are first come, first serve basis with no reserved seating available. Please DO NOT contact 28 Mile with questions about tickets or seating.
“We are thrilled to have Camp Indigo Point as this year’s Highwood Pride Fest beneficiary,” says DR Smith, representing Highwood Pride. “Camp Indigo Point provides a space for queer kids to be themselves in a traditional camp environment. Our goal is to raise enough money to send at least one kid to Camp Indigo Point this summer.”
Many thanks to Highwood Pride Fest sponsors that help make this incredible event possible, including Gearhead Outfitters, Mada Hitchmough with the Shore Group at Compass, Buffalo Grove Pride, Wall to Wall Framing and moreFUN Events.