Garlic Fest Recipes
Vanilla Bean Black Garlic Infused Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Black Garlic Chocolate Chunk:
Organic roasted black garlic, organic honey, Madagascar vanilla and vanilla bean. It's quite garlicky, but sweet at same time.
Lemon Sorbet will be offered as a palate cleanser
We are a hand-crafted artisan ice cream shop. Family owned and operated. We just celebrated 3 years in Highwood
12-inch Kielbasa on a foot long bun, garlic butter and chopped garlic on grilled onions and peppers. I’ll bring it fresh add fries and garlic cloves with a sticker on it. “Monster dog”
-Footlong homemade bun
-Warmed with garlic butter.
-Kielbasa sausage, with melted garlic butter and garlic pieces.
-Grilled onions and peppers, basil .
Garlic Infused Molcajete Salsa
Garlic Shrimp: 8 JUMBO SHRIMP SERVED WITH HAWAIIN MAC SALAD & WHITE RICE DRIZZLED WITH CARAMELIZED CHOPPED GARLIC
Fox Valley Garlic
15 varieties of gourmet garlic and sauces
Herb Compound Butter: This is amazing to use as a steak butter for grilling. We suggest about a ½ tablespoon be added to steaks when they come off the grill. Also great as a drawn butter for any type of grilled seafood.
Cheesy Pesto Twists
Rustic Marinara Dip
Italian Pesto Burgers
As featured live on WGN! Garlic Guru and her Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
Click to watch!
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio con Noci tostate:
This is the spaghetti I make for friends after a long night out or when my husband wakes me up in the middle of the night with hungry buddies. Made with ingredients I always have on hand or most home always have in their pantry. It’s fast, easy, and satisfying.
Serves 4, but is easily doubled.
3 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for serving
Use as much garlic as you like, minced. I use about half a head for a pound of pasta.
Half a bunch of fresh parsley, chopped (I keep this in the freezer)
1/4 -½ cup chopped walnuts
1-pound good quality spaghetti
Salt & Pepper to taste
Grated parmesan cheese for serving.
1.Put the water for cooking the pasta on to boil and when it is boiling salt the water, cook the pasta al dente, reserve a ladle full of the water before draining and putting the drained pasta in a bowl.
2.In a dry skillet toast the walnuts over low heat and set aside.
3.Using the same skillet, or a second one if you are not too sleepy to watch the nuts so they don’t burn while you chop and then sauté the garlic and parsley in the olive oil.
4.When the garlic is browned to your liking add it to the bowl of pasta. Add more olive oil, a splash of the pasta water, and toss with the nuts. Add more salt if needed and a few grinds of fresh pepper.
Serve with more oil on the table along with the parmesan cheese.
Creamy Double-Garlic Mashed Potatoes
by Alexa Weibel from NYT Cooking
8 to 12 servings (8 cups)
1 1/4 hours
INGREDIENTS FOR THE ROASTED GARLIC:
3 heads garlic
6 teaspoons olive oil
FOR THE GARLIC CHIPS:
1 cup neutral oil, such as canola or vegetable oil
6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced crosswise
FOR THE POTATOES:
4 pounds red or russet potatoes (see Tip)
2 cups heavy cream
2 fresh bay leaves, or 4 dried bay leaves
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
Kosher salt and black pepper
¾ cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), cut into small cubes, plus more for serving
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high. Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare the roasted garlic: Set each head of garlic on its side and cut off (and discard) the top 1/4 portion at the pointed end. Transfer each head of garlic to a separate piece of aluminum foil, cut-side up, and drizzle each head with 2 teaspoons oil. Pull up the surrounding aluminum foil and crimp tightly to seal. Transfer to the oven and roast until the garlic is softened and caramelized, 40 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the size of the heads. Set aside to cool.
3. Prepare the garlic chips: Line a plate with paper towels. In a small shallow saucepan or frying pan, heat the canola oil over medium-high until shimmering. Working in batches, fry the sliced garlic, stirring often, until just starting to turn golden, 30 seconds to 1 minute. (They’ll continue to darken from the residual heat, so you’ll want to remove them from the hot oil before they’re fully golden brown.) Transfer garlic chips to the plate using a slotted spoon. Season with salt and repeat with remaining sliced garlic. Set aside.
4. Prepare the boiled potatoes: Fill a large pot with water and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Fill a medium bowl about three-quarters full with water. Working with one potato at a time, peel each potato, then add it to the bowl of water. Next, working with one potato at a time, dice each into 1-inch pieces, returning each to the bowl of water after chopping. Drain the diced potatoes, then carefully add them to the pot of boiling water. Return the water to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-high and cook until potatoes are soft and can easily be pierced with a fork, 13 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a colander to drain.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the herbed cream: Add the cream, bay leaves, rosemary and thyme to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high, about 5 minutes. (The mixture will bubble up vigorously, which helps reduce the liquid and concentrate the flavor.) Strain the mixture, discarding the solids, and rinse out the saucepan. Return the infused cream to the saucepan and season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside. (You should have about 1 1/3 cups.)
6. Return the cooked potatoes to the pot along with the herbed cream and cubed butter. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves from two heads into the potato mixture, discarding the skins, and mash until creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and add more roasted garlic, if desired. (Store leftover roasted garlic in the refrigerator for 1 week.)
7. Transfer mashed potatoes to a serving bowl, dot with a generous pat of butter and sprinkle with rosemary, thyme and black pepper. Top with garlic chips, and serve immediately.
Highwood Bocce Club
Pasta dough that is fried in oil and you get a combination of prosciutto cheese salami or mortadella and the twist for garlic fest as you were going to have a garlic spread or mixture that they can brush on the pasta Fritta
Pasta Fritta Recipe:
10 lbs Flour
8 cups of Hot water
3 packets of yeast
1/3 cup Carnation dry milk
½ cup Salt
Little bit of olive oil
mix all together for a good 10 minutes until it is not sticking to your fingers – not wet but not dry – if it is still a little wet, add a little flour if it a little dry add a little olive oil
let the dough rise for 4-5 hours at room temperature covered with a damp cloth
until it doubles or triples in size
start rolling it out to a #6 thickness on pasta machine or 1/8 of an inch – can’t be too thin
cut little square pieces 3 x 5 inches (can be smaller or larger to preference)
fry in 340/350-degree oil
until it is golden brown
it bubbles up and rises and is ready
take it out of oil and put on paper towel to drain grease
the Italian taco – cut it open and fill
Infuse honey or cook with garlic
Grilled Salmon & Frank's Sticky Sweet Honey BBQ Sauce
Simple, easy way to spice up your grilled salmon.
Make sure your grill is a hot 500 degrees!
Grill Salmon Filets skin side down for 6-8 minutes, the fish should release from the grill after about 6 minutes.
Before flipping, baste the surface with our Frank's Sticky Sweet Honey Barbeque Sauce.
No reason to put it on heavy, a simple brushing gives the salmon a wonderful BBQ Glaze.
Flip once for 2-4 minutes and serve to your guests.
Bourbon Barrel-Aged Honey Salmon from Honey with Style
Salmon is always wonderful with the addition of our Bourbon Barrel-Aged Honey glaze. The Bourbon Barrel-Aged Honey brings its special sweet and smoky flavor accent to salmon.
- 1/3 cup Bourbon Barrel-Aged Honey
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 6-oz. salmon fillets, patted dry with a paper towel
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
In a medium bowl, whisk together Bourbon Barrel-Aged Honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat two tablespoons of oil. When oil is hot but not smoking, add salmon skin-side up and season with salt and pepper.
Cook salmon until deeply golden, about 6 minutes, then flip over and add remaining tablespoon of oil.
Add garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the honey mixture and sliced lemons and cook until sauce is reduced by about 1/3. Baste salmon with the sauce.
Garnish with sliced lemon and serve.
La Casa de Isaac
GARLIC ROASTED BRISKET EMPANADAS
BLUE CORN MASA MIXED TOGETHER WITH FRESHLY GROUND GARLIC
SLOWLY ROASTED LAMB BRISKET COOKED TO PERFECTION IN OUR ROASTED GUAJILLO MARINADE
3 OZ BLUE CORN MASA
PLACE 3 OZ BLUE CORN MASA ON TORTILLA PRESSER AND PRESS LIGHTLY TO CREATE A DASHING OVAL
ROCEED BY PLACING THE SLOWLY ROASTED LAMB BRISKET ONTO THE BLUE CORN MASA
LIGHTLY FOLD ONE SIDE OF THE MASA (CAREFUL BECAUSE THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF BREAKAGE)
PRESS SUBTLY THE MASA TO ENCLOSE THE LAMB BRISKET AND TURN IT INTO AN EMPANADA
THEN PLACE THE EMPANADA FOR 7 MINS INTO THE FRIER
TAKE OUT OF FRIER AND VOILA READY TO EAT!
Crunch Munch with fried garlic
Chocolate covered pretzels
Garlic Fest Logo Cake Pops
Roasted garlic chocolate chip cookies - Winning Cookie
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1/4 cup hazelnut oil
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- Scant cup of rolled oats
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups of fountain chocolate
- 1 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
-Preheat oven to 400° F. Remove the outer papery skins of the garlic cut the bottom off, leave the inner skins on the cloves. Place the garlic in a tin foil and pour a little oil on to wrap and bake @35 mins. Cool till you can touch
-Bake the garlic until it’s very tender, checking after 30 minutes. It will take about 45 minutes to roast this many cloves. Test for doneness by squeezing a clove or two—it should be soft and golden. Remove from the oven and let the garlic cool a bit. When it’s cool enough to handle, squeeze the cloves into the oil and discard the skins.
-In a food processor or a mixing bowl, combine butter, roasted garlic, and hazelnut oil, and process until well blended. Add the sugars and process until combined. Beat in eggs and add vanilla, and blend well until smooth and creamy.
-In a small bowl, combine flour, whole-wheat flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and process, stopping to scrape down the sides. The dough will be stiff.
-Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop the dough by the rounded small cookie scooper about 2 inches apart onto ungreased pan on parchment paper.
-Bake the cookies in a preheated 350° F oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until they’re just golden brown. Remove to baking racks to cool. They will keep for a week stored in a tightly closed tin or plastic container, or they can be frozen for up to a month. Makes 4 dozen 2-inch cookies
roasted garlic chocolate chip cookies - Winning Cookie
World Famous Bloody Mary with Garlic Infused TSP vodka :
Toadstool Pub special secret recipe
Homemade bloody Mary mix, poured over ice, topped off with Guinness as a floater and garnished with Susie’s candied garlic bacon, Steph’s homemade pickle, and a skewer of mozzarella cheese and an olive.
Susie’s Sweet Heat Bacon Bark
Candied Garlic Infused Bacon Drizzled with Chocolate
Susie Tingle’s Truffle Recipe from her cookbook