August 30 - September 1, 2019 *Labor Day Weekend
Rain or Shine Event
HIGHWOOD TRANSFORMS INTO NASHVILLE’S HONKY TONK ROW
AT THIRD ANNUAL NASHWOOD MUSIC AND FOOD EVENT
Always wanted to visit Nashville, but never could? Well, Celebrate Highwood is bringing Nashville to you. The City of Highwood will transform its downtown into Nashville’s Honky Tonk Row for its 3rd Annual Nashwood. Attendees of all ages are encouraged to don their cowboy boots and hats the weekend of August 30 to September 1, as the sounds of live country, southern rock, blues, blue grass, folk, jazz, gospel permeate the town!
- 3-day weekend of over 80 free live music acts at over a dozen venues, including 2 outdoor stages & 7 courtyards, and buskers on the streets
- Family friendly line up and kids area at Pralines & Cream Stage located at Chicago Mike’s Ice Cream Co. and Tala Coffee Roasters
- Elvis-Mania for the entire family with two shows Saturday and Sunday
- Southern-inspired food & drink specials
- Bull riding Friday and Saturday for the kids at the Pralines & Cream Stage and bull riding for the adults at the Toadstool Pub & Marco’s Northside Grill parking lot
- Full outdoor bar sponsored by Celebrate Highwood at the Pralines & Cream Stage. All proceeds go to charity.
- No cover charge, but as in true Nashville style, tips are always welcome to support the bands!
Celebrate Highwood encourages attendees to take UBER, LYFT, public transportation or ride bikes!
Why drive when you can walk or bike along the enhanced Green Bay Trail - Robert McLory Bike Trail which leads straight into the heart of Highwood. Ride the Metra north or south to the Highwood station, or take a Pace Bus. Free parking is available but spots are limited. There is plenty of bike parking all through Highwood!
Buy One-of-a-Kind Light Up Boot Cup
For only $25, buy your commemorative one-of-a-kind light up Nashwood Cowboy Boot Cup (limited number available) and show your cowboy/cowgirl spirit as you stroll through town enjoying all that Nashwood has to offer.
If you preregistered for your cup, pick up or purchase at the Tito’s Two Step Stage in Buffo’s parking lot or at the Celebrate Highwood bar at the Pralines & Cream Stage at Chicago Mike’s Ice Cream Co. and Tala Coffee Roasters on Friday evening from 5-9pm or Saturday from 3:30-9pm (*while supplies last).
Two Step Dance Lessons on Saturday Night!
Come on out to the Tito’s Two Step Stage located at Buffo’s parking lot on Saturday evening, August 31 for FREE two-step dance lessons. Dancers Michael and Amanda from Arthur Murray Lincolnshire Dance Center, will be at Nashwood this year! Lessons will take place between music sets during the following time frames:
Both Michael and Amanda are Open American Smooth Rising Star Finalists; Hustle, Lindy Hop & Argentine Tango Finalists; Arthur Murray Future Champion Winners; and 8 year Professionals with Arthur Murray. Grab your boots and learn to two-step from the best!
|28 Mile Vodka Company|
|Del Rio Restaurant|
|The Humble Pub|
|Kings & Convicts Brewery Co.|
|Pralines & Cream Stage*located at Chicago Mike's Ice Cream Co. & Tala Coffee Roasters|
|Chicago Mike's Ice Cream Co.|
|Tala Coffee Roasters|
|Slyce Coal Fired Pizza Company|
|Tito's Two Step Stage *located at Buffo's parking lot|
|The Toadstool Pub|
|The Wooden Nickel|